The Introduction of YES:
YES is a NPO from civil society in Taiwan. Its aim is to promote e-services reducing international digital divide as well as cross-border interaction between youth through the development of digital opportunities, digital collections sharing and digital learning. (YES is established on January 27th 2007.)
The Purpose of YES:
The purpose of YES is to integrate social resources for the provision of information technology services, to encourage young people to take practical action and cooperate pushing ahead with youth participation in public and international exchanges.
The Spirit of YES:
YES provides auxiliary digital services and cooperates with local organizations in order to develop global civil action.
The missions of YES:
1. Promoting volunteer services and Service Learning based on information technology for the purpose of cultivating civil
literacy of youth.
2. Encouraging the young to participate in international affairs and broadening their horizons by information technology.
3. Holding activities of information exchanges and seeking strategic alliance between NPOs.
4. Promoting youth participation in public, talents training and academic research on digital information.
5. Conducting other activities related to the purposes of YES.
Members of YES:
Our members are from Taiwan, Thailand and Myanmar including young students, imaging workers, social workers, professors and doctors providing their expertise in IT.
In 2008 YES was awarded the National Youth Public Participation Award under the category of Volunteer Service Group for its project, “Assisting the border of Thai-Burma in reducing the digital divide” by the National Youth Commission.